Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Do Bees have lotsa teeth?

Lou and Rae are standing at the sliding glass door talking.

Lou: "We can't go out because there are lotsa bugs"

Rae: "Yea, and the bees might bite us!"

Lou: "Yes because they have a mouth full of teeth, but I don't think they will eat us"

Lou: "Mommy, do bees bite?"

Me: "No, they sting."

Lou: "Sting?" "How do they sting, with their mouth?"

Me: "No, with their (wanted to say butt) stinger."

Lou: "What is a stinger?" "Where is it?"

Me: "Let's look it up on the internet!" Bee stinger illustration

Lou: "Let me look at this for a minute."

Then I gave an explanation of the picture.

Lou: "Why did it open itself up?"

Me: (laughing to myself) "That is just part of the picture that shows the inside of the bee."

Lou: "Does it poop the stinger out?" Me: "No, it is just there."

Rae: "It just sticks it in your skin!" "What are those lines?"

Me: "Those are the hairs on the person's arm."

Lou: "I don't have very much hair on my arms." Rae: "Me neivver (neither)"

Rae: "Look at Mommy's arm!"

Yes, we all know that I have dark hair on my arms. I have learned to live with it and now my girls have pointed it out to me. Anybody know a good laser hair removal place.

No comments: