Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bowling is expensive.

We took the girls bowling for the first time today and it was a lot of fun. We went to he Main Event because we wanted to make sure we were in smoke free facility. The scoring is all computerized and you can select the bumper guards to automatically come up for the children. No more separate lanes with the big tube things running down the gutter...or am I dating myself. It is a good thing we did not need two lanes. The cost of bowling has sky rocketed! It cost $29.00 an hour to bowl at the Main Event. It was a splurge and a lot of fun, but that is almost a kids ticket to Sea World and you can spend the entire day there.

Has bowling just gotten that expensive or is just this place? I really hope not because bowling is a lot of fun. It makes for great family fun. There was a point in the game that Lou was beating me, I think I needed the bumper guards too. Watching Rae's ball go down the lane was like watching sap drip from a tree in the middle of winter. We had to call the attendant to retrieve a ball that just stopped rolling. She did not know the difference and thought that it was great when he brought the ball back to her and she got to go again.

Bowling with young kids was fun. I do have to admit it was something I did not think we would be doing together as a family for a couple of years. I am glad we tried it out, despite the cost.

No comments: