Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sacrifice

So there comes a point in life when stuff just does not matter...it is just stuff right?

We are family that makes a point to live below our means. We want to be debt free. We want to have money for our future and to have fun in the present. We want to live life and not be so consumed with material stuff. Hey! lets go on a trip or we can buy a new TV and watch the Discovery Channel and just watch someone else live life...we do not even have cable. We want to be able to help others and give without feeling like we can't afford too...even though we have the faith to know we will be provided for (bad sentence structure, I know). With that being said, I have to praise my husband.

He sold his beloved Landcruiser, The Whale or La Ballena. Yes, a vehicle is needed for a family in this society and he will get a different one. But it is worth being in debt for a vehicle, even if it is a "dream car"? My husband decided, No, it is not. I am very proud of his sacrifice for our family. One day he will get another one, but it will be bought with cash not credit, which will keep us within our budget. I could go on about budget, but that would be a different post. If you are someone that knows my husband then you know that having a Landcruiser is just part of who he is. He is even the Treasurer for the local Landcruiser Club. He sacrificed something that is a part of him for his family...to get us out of debt so that we can have a better future.

Have I mentioned how much I love my husband?

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow. That is sacrifice. Just a few minutes ago, Eric sold his weight bench and weights. I thought he had sacrificed, but this is way bigger. Wow.

Sarah said...

What a great husband you have. Sacrifices are hard to make.

Alyson said...

My husband says he wants a truck (for what reason, I do not know... when would he ever need to haul anything???). I told him he can have one when he has the cash to buy it. And since I'm in charge of the moola, I'm thinking he won't ever be told when we've amassed enough savings to make such a purchase. *Insert evil laugh here.*