Friday, November 28, 2008

I am a SUPERSTAR

I have recently begun playing ROCK BAND. It is such a fun game. It brings out my inner Superstar. Santa is definitely dropping by with it for us this year, right Santa Darling? I have only sang and played the drums. I have not gotten up the courage to try to mess up on, I mean play the guitar or bass. My BIL so kindly guided me through the EASY level of drum playing as he played the expert level on guitar. We even talked my sister, who does not try new things too easily, into playing the drums and she was able to do it. The hard part is not to think yellow, yellow, yellow, red and yellow, red and yellow, green, foot pedal, but to get into the beat of the song and try let the colors be the guide as you play the drums...it is not as easy as it may seem to some.

Even though I enjoyed playing the drums, which took much concentration as I played with my mouth open or my tongue sticking out some...because you know your tongue has to be positioned correctly in order for your hands to be coordinated...I was much better at signing and nursing my baby to sleep at the same time. Now that is talent. If only Simon could have seen me...oh, I am too old for that show :)

I feel like a kid hoping that Santa will bring that really cool gift. I look forward to the next time I get to play the game. Oh and for those that do not know, when I was a child my parents did not let us have video games at home because they would "waste our time or make us dumb". Now I have a hard time with my hand/eye coordination when playing video games. But believe it or not, the Wii can actually help with developing coordination. Just wait until my next drum solo...

Goodnight Fans...I look forward to my next show :)

No comments: