Friday, February 15, 2008

Commercial Audition

I have a friend whose children are extras in television productions and commercials and she sent out this email for a casting call for suburban mother and her toddler. The caveat for the mother was that she needed to be fit, aka, skinny, and since I am pregnant I do not fit the part. But I thought that Rae could possible fit the part. She is cute, if I may say so myself :) Well when we walked in the six people working on the casting call, smiled and awwwed at her and then they laughed....she turned into goofball kid. I guess that is better than screaming and crying. She jumped up and down, fell to the floor, stuck her tongue at them but in a playful way, and then started at them with a mean scowl, devoured her cracker and then asked for more. Then she said quietly in the stroller as the lady trying out for the roll of the mother did an outstanding job at her audition. We got, a thank you and a boot out the door...or at least that is how I felt. They were basically crawling all over themselves to get the name and number of this other little girl....she went in right before Rae did.

I did not have high expectations. It was an experience. If the opportunity arises to audition for something else, we may try again. I need to find out more about this world of child acting. It seems scary, but intriguing...

Several other people I know also auditioned so I am eager to hear of their experiences.

No comments: