Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Favorite Comic Strips

I have two favorite comic strips. I read them daily. The first one is For Better or For Worse http://www.fborfw.com/strip_fix/ I like this because it is about family and not just the happy stuff either. I have sucked into their lives and I want to know what is going on. I often look forward to the next days events. Did Anthony ask Elizabeth to marry him? Has grandpa lived another day after having two strokes? What did the dog do today? It seems harmless, but once you start reading, you just get hooked.

The second one is Baby Blues http://www.babyblues.com/index.php. I always get a good laugh from this comic strip. As a parent I can totally relate. I love it that the writers are men, yet the mother has nursed her children over a year (each of her three children) and yet she can turn around and laugh when her daughter...about five years old or so gets a Victoria's Secret coupon in the mail. Her two oldest do not always listen and their fighting tactics are hilarious.

I have been reading these comics for years. I can tell you all the names of the characters and go into some family history. Yes this is a guilty pleasure, but I do not watch much television so this is about the closest thing I get to a comedy, drama, soap opera....

I hope you enjoy!

Cheers,
Chinell

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Those are my two favorite as well. But I don't read them anymore.