Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Komfort Keepers

There is a wonderful Christian Ministry in Austin that was started by a woman that turned her loss into a gift for others. Johnese Evans started Komfort Keepers 5 years ago and with a grant from March of Dimes she is able to provide cleaning services, childcare services, and meals for women experiencing high risk pregnancies. What a Blessing! Please pray that Komfort Keepers will continue to grow and have funding. If you are interested in volunteering, give her a call. If you have experienced a loss or high risk pregnancy see if you can be added to the support group to call other mothers that may be on bed rest. Or you can just offer your prayers in anyway you want.

Since I am not on bed rest right now, Praise the Lord, and just limited in my activity, I am receiving meals every two weeks and house cleaning, by Molly Maids, every three weeks....for free! Today meals were delivered and we got five large meals including: spaghetti bake, chicken pot pie, green chili enchiladas, chicken tetrazenni, and one other just can't remember what it is right now and bags of frozen vegetables. I was amazed! I am only on limited activity! I cannot imagine what they would be doing if I were on full bed rest again. This service is such a blessing that I want to give back already and I am receiving right now. Oh, and did I mention that the dishes are homemade. We had the pot pie tonight and it was yummy! Jason and I both had seconds and he is taking the rest for lunch tomorrow so it was a large family serving.

If you know of anyone that can use this service please look up www.komfortkeepers.com. I know the church I attend is awesome about serving people and I have been blessed by the wonderful people at HighPoint Fellowship www.hpf.org too. I just need a little extra long term help right now and that is why Johnese started Komfort Keepers. My husband was very happy that we are receiving services because he thinks I do too much as it is and I really try to take it easy, trust me I want a healthy screaming baby this time.

If you know of anyone in the Austin metro area that can use this service, please pass on this information. I have been very blessed to have received their services.

Many Blessings to all.

Cheers,
Chinell

No comments: